header picture

header picture

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Checking In

Hello!

I know it has been awhile. Partially, I have been busy with school (graduation, May 8th!), and partially I haven't had much to show.

The problem with working on large projects is that they don't change much from week to week. But let's see what we have, anyway.

First, we have the beach skirt project. It is progressing, but it looks very similar to the last time we checked in, just longer.

Starting to look like an actual skirt. Quarter sitting on the fabric for scale.

However, I have made some changes to the plan for the skirt. Using just the yarn I had, I am pretty sure that it will not be long enough for me (which, at minimum, should be mid-calf). But I wasn't able to find any more of the color I had - anywhere. Nor could I find a similar color in a matching yarn. So the top part of the skirt will be a purplish gray. I haven't quite decided what pattern to use for that section, but it should evoke the deep ocean.
Color "Paula 2" from Brooks Farm Yarn


I also finished spinning my seafoam yarn for the edge embroidery. I also kept some singles and some roving, in case the 3-ply doesn't look good.

Sea foam yarn in skein, next to fiber.


On to the next project: the shawl.

I have finished one skein worth of knitting. Uh oh.

Looks a bit small. Quarter sitting on the fabric for scale.
I only have three skeins, and it looks like it won't be nearly enough. Guess it is back to the wheel for more lace-weight!

Speaking of spinning, I have also made some progress on my drop spindling project. I now have a full skein of carded, spun, and plied yarn.

95 yds. worsted-weight navajo-churro undercoat. Say that 3 times fast.

Unfortunately, unless I did my math wrong, I only have 100 yards, which is not enough for the project in mind. So, guess I need to do another skein of this one too.

Hopefully I will check in sooner next time, but it will depend on my schedule. I might also start doing some smaller projects, just to have something to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment